Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/04 16:18:36 UTC

Examples in the distribution

I'm currently in the process of refactoring / documenting the examples that
ship with ServiceMix distribution.
ServiceMix has a large set of bindings, service engines (both standard and
lightweight), but I have the feeling
that we can not put thousands examples in the distribution.
I'd rather go with fewer, better documented examples, which would show more
complex deployments (compared
to a simple file-poller / file-writer example), and have more examples / use
cases on the web site only (with only the servicemix.xml config file to show
how to do something).

I have began to write 2 new examples using the maven jbi tooling, so we now
have 3 of this kind:
  * loan-broker (using servicemix-bpe, servicemix-lwcontainer) need to be
completed with some binding
  * bridge (see
http://servicemix.goopen.org/site/creating-a-protocol-bridge.html) (need to
write a jms receiver of some kind
  * wsdl-first (using servicemix-http, servicemix-jsr181)
we also have the servicemix-web webapp which demonstrates embedding
servicemix in a web app
and I have just moved to the sandbox the following samples:
  * soap-binding (superseeded by wsdl-first)
  * http-binding
  * jms-binding
  * bpel-bpe (rewritten as loan-broker)
  * loan-broker (which only use properties so i don' t think it was a good
example)

Any thoughts ?

--
Cheers,