Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com> on 2016/07/13 13:49:49 UTC

resource locator project

I have a utility for sling that I've been working on open sourcing that I'd like to share.

https://github.com/JEBailey/sling-resourcelocator

This is a java 8 port of a tool I developed in-house.  It provides a set of predefined predicates for properties, and a traversal control so that you can iterate through a resource tree to find the resources you want.

Feedback welcomed.

-Jason

Re: resource locator project

Posted by Mike Nimer <mn...@gmail.com>.
This looks very interesting, I will give it a try soon.

--mike

Posted by Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com>.
What's interesting from my perspective is that if you look at the goals for SlingQuery as outlined here

https://github.com/Cognifide/Sling-Query/wiki/SlingQuery-vs-JCR

We were targeting very different usage patterns. Where the locator is really about doing very fast traversals of descendants.  So I can definitely see synergy.

This was the first time I dived so deeply into Java 8 and I ended up deleting a lot of code from our original '7' version.  It really has changed how I write Java. I'm looking forward to see how Sling evolves in response.

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2016-07-15 at 12:57 +0200, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2016 at 3:49 PM, Jason Bailey <Ja...@sas.com>
> >
> > https://github.com/JEBailey/sling-resourcelocator
>
> Interesting!
>
> It looks similar in purpose to
> https://sling.apache.org/documentation/bundles/sling-query.html ,
> maybe there are possible synergies.

I think in JPA-speak Sling Query would be JQL while the ResourceLocator
would be the Criteria API.

At any rate, the ResourceLocator looks pretty cool, thanks for
announcing it!

Robert

Re: resource locator project

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.