Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/27 11:48:29 UTC

version 11.4 or 10.4 most stable?

Hello,

Can anyone inform me about the latest versions of Ofbiz.

Is version 11.4 or rather 10.4 the most stable ?

Regards,
Heidi

--
Olagos bvba
http://www.olagos.eu <http://www.olagos.eu/>

Re: version 11.4 or 10.4 most stable?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Consider also https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/SVN+Tips+-+svn_load_dirs+Vendor+Branch

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bj...@free-man.net>

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
commits@ofbiz.apache.org
this will give you thee actual commit files.

Info Olagos sent the following on 1/31/2012 2:29 AM:

Posted by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Paul,

Now i understand the way you work with the release and the commits.

Ok then i think to install however version 11.4 and installing the
commits everytime.

Regards,
Heidi

Posted by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au>.
Hi Heidi,

Posted by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.

Posted by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com>.
Ok. Will try the trunk then.
Heidi

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Posted by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com>.
Hello Adrian,

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Posted by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com>.
ok thank you Jacopo

Heidi

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
But then again, the 11.04 (upcoming release) does not contain improvements
and fixes in trunk since april 2011. For what is in OFBiz see:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Main+New+Features

Regards,

Pierre Smits

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Heidi,

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
My two cents :
when you change any code you have reduced the reliability of code that
depends on that code.
The More code that is changed, the less the reliability.
Till rigorous testing of all code that depends on the code changed,, one
can not say it is dependable.
Though code is Frozen in releases as candidates, no one demonstrated
this level of testing.
With that said, what will Be, 11.04. has had not only code but structure
changes, compared to 10.4.

It has been said that those that have an interest and are first to add
code set the tone of what they put in, wheather any code review has been
done.
I can point out many instances where code does not follow good coding
practices and/or follow the design of ofbiz.
And yes I have attempted t point this out and it has fell on deaf ears.

So yes those that want stability and dependability must take
responsibility to do there own testing.

Ruth Hoffman sent the following on 1/28/2012 5:41 AM:

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Jacopo:

Posted by Info Olagos <in...@gmail.com>.
ok thank you Scott.