Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Burton-West, Tom" <tb...@umich.edu> on 2010/06/08 19:38:53 UTC

benchmarking indexing :Use Solr or use Lucene Benchmark?

Hi all,

We are about to test out various factors to try to speed up our indexing process.  One set of experiments will try various maxRamBufferSizeMB  settings.   Since the factors we will be varying are at the Lucene level, we are considering using the Lucene Benchmark utilities in Lucene/contrib..   Have other Solr users used Lucene Benchmark?  Can anyone provide any hints for adapting it to Solr? (Are there any common gotchas etc?).

Tom

Tom Burton-West
University of Michigan Libraries
http://www.hathitrust.org/blogs/large-scale-search