Posted to dev@sqoop.apache.org by Attila Szabó <ma...@apache.org> on 2017/06/16 07:18:10 UTC

Re: SQOOP 1.4.7 Release by end of June

Dear community,

First of all many thanks for the valuable feedbacks. As agreed the
releasing process had been started.

We do have an umbrella JIRA for this:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3199

All feedbacks, comments more than welcome here.

A short status:
As you can see sanitize, branching, changelog, doc+version updates is
already done.

To finalize the scope of 1.4.7 I'd like to kindly ask all of you to check
the CHANGELOG.txt (release notes) and check if every JIRA ticket is there
what is vital on your side for 1.4.7.

According to the current plans/status:
all of the issues which are not fixed (TODO, in progress) right now, and
connected to 1.4.7 (please check
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/SQOOP/versions/12329683 for
details) are meant to move to 1.5.0 unless there is any specific reason to
include in 1.4.7 and thus changing the scope/delaying the process.

The content of 1.4.7 branch should be changed only in sync with the
umbrella JIRA, and all new commits on the trunk from now is considered as
part of 1.5.0.

In case of any questions, suggestions, change requests please use this mail
thread or the umbrella JIRA.

I'll keep you updated with the progress of the release.

Best regards,
Attila

Posted by Boglarka Egyed <bo...@cloudera.com>.
Hi Attila,

Thanks for your efforts on this release!

I took a look at the CHANGELOG.txt and it seems to contain some Open JIRAs
too, for example https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3052 is still
open and no patch has been pushed even for a review so far. As the target
date of the release is end of June I would say that this change won't be
able to go to 1.4.7.

Also, https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-3190 is currently under
review and is not committed yet.

Could you please kindly double-check the proposed change set?

Many thanks,
Bogi

Posted by Szabolcs Vasas <va...@cloudera.com>.
Thank you!