Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Saiph Kappa <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/29 19:15:15 UTC

Simple Question: Spark Streaming Applications

Hi,

Do all spark streaming applications use the map operation? or the majority
of them?

Thanks.

Re: Simple Question: Spark Streaming Applications

Posted by Tathagata Das <ta...@gmail.com>.
More importantly, why are you asking this question? :)
Also let me generalize the answer by saying that most applications that do
some useful computations use map-like operations. And by map-like
operations I mean simple operations like map, filter, flatMap,
mapPartitions. The only category of applications that dont use any
transformation are ones where the data is received from a source and dumped
to some output sink as is, without any transformation.

Posted by Tobias Pfeiffer <tg...@preferred.jp>.
Hi,

Posted by Saiph Kappa <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Liquan Pei <li...@gmail.com>.