Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Prashant <pr...@indicussoftware.com> on 2007/12/26 13:55:33 UTC

data scroller doesnt gets displayed correctly

Hi All,

We are facing strange problem on one of our sceens related to
tomhalk datascroller.

We have one search screen which contains data scroller, data table.
Data scroller is placed above the dataTable.
When search screen first displays, data table contains nothing.
When search is performed by clicking Search button then records gets
displayed . I am displaying 10 records on a page.

Now problem is that data scroller doesnt displays the page numbers when
search is performed. It displays the page numbers only when Next
/Previous link of datascroller is clicked.(ie any event on datascroller is fired)
Strange thing is data scroller displays correctly when I moved it after
Data table in the jsp.

Some other screens in our application also contains datascroller and
datatable . But it works fine on these screen.

JSP Code is follows..

###############
                    <t:panelGroup id="applicationdetailsListGroup">
                        <t:panelGrid id="datatableGrid" columns="2" style="width:100%">
                            <t:dataScroller for="applicationdetailsTable" paginator="true" paginatorMaxPages="5" id="dataScrollerForApplicationDetails">
                                <f:facet name="first">
                                    <t:graphicImage url="../images/First.gif" border="0"/>
                                </f:facet>
                                <f:facet name="previous">
                                    <t:graphicImage url="../images/Previous.gif" border="0"/>
                                </f:facet>
                                <f:facet name="next">
                                    <t:graphicImage url="../images/Next.gif" border="0"/>
                                </f:facet>
                                <f:facet name="last">
                                    <t:graphicImage url="../images/Last.gif" border="0"/>
                                </f:facet>
                            </t:dataScroller>
                        </t:panelGrid>

                        <t:dataTable cellpadding="0" cellspacing="1" id="applicationdetailsTable"
                            headerClass="headingC"
                            columnClasses="Column"
                            border="0"  rows="10"
                            value="#{applicationdetailsListView.customerApplicationList}"
                            var="applicationdetails" width="100%" binding="#{applicationdetailsListView.dataTable}"

                            <t:column >
                                <f:facet name="header" >
                                    <t:outputText  id="radioButtons" value="#{labels.serial_no}"/>
                                </f:facet>

                                <t:selectOneRadio  value="#{applicationdetails.selectedApplicationId}"  forceId="true" styleClass="radio_standard" >
                                    <f:selectItem itemValue="#{applicationdetails.applicationid}" itemLabel=""/>
                                </t:selectOneRadio>

                            </t:column>

                        </t:dataTable>
                    </t:panelGroup>
############

Can anyone please suggest any solution or way with which I can debug this problem.

thanks in advacnce

prashant
--
Prashant <pr...@indicussoftware.com>

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of
information. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender by replying to this e-mail and destroy all copies of the original
message.  Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in
reliance on this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Indicus Software - Providing Solutions for Better Business
Visit us at http://www.indicussoftware.com/

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

Re: data scroller doesnt gets displayed correctly

Posted by Prashant <pr...@indicussoftware.com>.
Dear Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Tomhawk 1.1.6 and myfaces 1.1.5. And my code was working when
i specified datascroller below the table.

Actually the problem got solved by adding entry in navigation.xml.
In my search method the string which i was returning for the navigation
purpose was not specified in the navigation-case element.

ie.
    <navigation-rule>
        <from-view-id>/jsp/customerApplicationSearch.jsp</from-view-id>

        ## I have added following following case and problem got solved..

	<navigation-case>
            <from-outcome>customerApplicationSearch</from-outcome>
            <to-view-id>/jsp/customerApplicationSearch.jsp</to-view-id>
        </navigation-case>
    </navigation-rule>

But I dont know how datascroller problem was related to this.

thanks and regards
prashant

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.
Hi Prashant,

You give no information about which version of JSF or Tomahawk you are
using, so it is difficult to be precise.

However, if you are using JSF1.1 with JSP then there are problems with
components referring to others later in the page. This is a flaw in the
spec and basic design, not a MyFaces issue. So placing a DataScroller
before the DataTable it refers to doesn't work properly.

Assuming you are using JSF1.1, does your code work if the DataScroller
is below the table? If so, you might want to either move to Facelets,
upgrade to JSF1.2, or use the t:buffer component.

Regards,

Simon