Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Siamak Sarmady <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/06 06:51:18 UTC

Adding a domain

Hello,

- I am trying to learn ApacheLDAP using the studio. I have opened
"example connection" and try to create a new domain for my objects but
I receive below error (under the root).

#!RESULT ERROR
#!CONNECTION ldap://localhost:10389
#!DATE 2007-10-06T12:37:46.766
#!ERROR [LDAP: error code 32 - failed to add entry dc=sina: dc=sina]
dn: dc=sina
changetype: add
objectClass: domain
objectClass: top
objectClass: extensibleObject
dc: sina

- I tried to create a dc=sina,dc=com object, the same as currently
available dc=example,dc=com but it complains that dc=com does not
exist.

I am supposed to create dc=com first? I tried to do this but again I
have the problem mentioned previously.

I appreciate if someone can help.

Regards, Mac

Re: Adding a domain

Posted by Siamak Sarmady <sa...@gmail.com>.
- After adding another reference server can not start:

    <property name="partitionConfigurations">
      <set>
        <ref bean="htmsoftPartitionConfiguration"/>
        <ref bean="examplePartitionConfiguration"/>
      </set>
    </property>

- By the way I have copead bin settings of the example.com exactly the
same and changed example to htmsoft. I need to change anything else in
bean information itself? (Like numbers etc)

Log file of the instance comes below.

I am sorry to take your time. If there is a step-by-step guide
somewhere I can follow it instead of bothering you all on the list.

Mac

[23:41:16] ERROR [org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper] - Failed
on null.init(InstallationLayout, String[])
org.apache.directory.shared.ldap.exception.LdapNameNotFoundException:
0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=example,0.9.2342.19200300.100.1.25=com
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.getPartition(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:1114)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.partition.DefaultPartitionNexus.search(DefaultPartitionNexus.java:970)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.referral.ReferralService.init(ReferralService.java:285)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register0(InterceptorChain.java:473)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.register(InterceptorChain.java:393)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.init(InterceptorChain.java:258)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.initialize(DefaultDirectoryService.java:1006)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.DefaultDirectoryService.startup(DefaultDirectoryService.java:255)
	at org.apache.directory.server.core.jndi.AbstractContextFactory.getInitialContext(AbstractContextFactory.java:124)
	at javax.naming.spi.NamingManager.getInitialContext(NamingManager.java:667)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.getDefaultInitCtx(InitialContext.java:247)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.init(InitialContext.java:223)
	at javax.naming.InitialContext.<init>(InitialContext.java:197)
	at javax.naming.directory.InitialDirContext.<init>(InitialDirContext.java:82)
	at org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:97)
	at org.apache.directory.daemon.Bootstrapper.callInit(Bootstrapper.java:151)
	at org.apache.directory.daemon.TanukiBootstrapper.start(TanukiBootstrapper.java:55)
	at org.tanukisoftware.wrapper.WrapperManager$12.run(WrapperManager.java:2788)

Re: Adding a domain

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Re: Adding a domain

Posted by Siamak Sarmady <sa...@gmail.com>.
Emmanuel, Thank you.

1- I tried to add the new partition using Studio. At first, It was not
able to show names of previously existing partitions (system and
example) and was showing empty names in the partition selection list
and the Add (partition) button did not work. I updated the name of two
existing partitions to (system and example) and Add button started to
work.

Then I added the new partition and added 3 object classes and
restarted the server and it did not came up.

2- I tried to do it manually. Things are ok but I needed to rename
below code (examplePartitionConfiguration to
htmsoftPartitionConfiguration) in addition to adding necessary bean
configuration settings section of the code (the long list of ).

    <property name="partitionConfigurations">
      <set>
        <ref bean="examplePartitionConfiguration"/>
      </set>
    </property>

Now I guess my example.com domain will not work correctly (because I
have renamed above code). Is it possible to have 2 partitions in above
code?

Regards,
Mac

Re: Adding a domain

Re: Adding a domain

Posted by Chris Custine <cc...@apache.org>.
The problem is that there is no partition created to store the data for
dc=sina (or dc=sina,dc=com).  The default config has a partition
specifically for dc=example,dc=com and anything underneath it, so you need
to create a partition for your data.  I recommend copying the
"examplePartitionConfiguration" section in your server.xml file and changing
the suffix to dc=sina,dc=com.  You will also have to change the id of this
bean and add that bean id to the partitionConfigurations section of the
configuration bean.

After this, you will be able to add entries to dc=sina,dc=com .

Good luck,
Chris