Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by XiaoChuan Yu <xi...@kik.com> on 2017/10/30 16:14:04 UTC

Exit code 248 from YARN and InterruptedException

Hi,

I'm trying to debug some problem with a Samza job that loads data from a
Cassandra database into Kafka via a custom System implementation.
The System makes use of BlockingEnvelopeMap.

What I see in the logs is InterruptedException from put calls from the
class that inherited BlockingEnvelopeMap and then the container exiting
with code 248:

java.lang.InterruptedException: null
        at
java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.acquireInterruptibly(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1220)
        at
java.util.concurrent.locks.ReentrantLock.lockInterruptibly(ReentrantLock.java:335)
        at
java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.put(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:339)
        at
org.apache.samza.util.BlockingEnvelopeMap.putAll(BlockingEnvelopeMap.java:199)

There is almost nothing else in the logs so I'm very puzzled on what could
be causing this.
Has anyone ever seen exit code 248?
Could a problem with Kafka cause something like this?

Thanks,
Xiaochuan Yu

Re: Exit code 248 from YARN and InterruptedException

Posted by Jagadish Venkatraman <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Xiaochuan,

Is there any exception in your custom SystemConsumer? Or, are you saying
that your consumer is being interrupted externally?

The entire log will be helpful.

Thanks,
Jagdish

--