Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "V. de Weger" <ba...@beno-delft.nl> on 2007/08/08 00:32:43 UTC

TileCache question

Hi,

Can anybody explain the use and effects -- speed, memory use, etc -- of
TileCache.setSize()?

Vincent

Re: TileCache question

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Vincent,

"V. de Weger" <ba...@beno-delft.nl> wrote on 08/07/2007 06:32:43 PM:

> Can anybody explain the use and effects -- speed, memory use, etc -- of
> TileCache.setSize()?

   The TileCache is primarily used when rendering 'static' documents.
For Static documents we cache the finished tiles so that as you pan
around the document if you pan back to an area that was already
rendered we can just copy the data out of the tile rather than
re-rendering.

   It's also used in some cases for filter effects.