Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Sura Monday <su...@yahoo.com> on 2012/09/09 06:55:31 UTC

how to implement synchronous request only in a custom consumer

Hi All,
I have implemented a camel consumer to take data from my custom application and send in a camel route.
Now I want my custom application to wait until camel notifies that the message has been successfully delivered, and sometime wait until the remote component sends back a response (such as how HTTP works). In other words, I need a functionality similar to what JMS component has.
Can somebody tell me how I can implement this logic in my consumer, so that it will ask the connected application to wait until camel sends back a response, and pass the received response to my application?

Apart from this, I believe that I have to specify InOut() in the camel route. Is that so?

/Sura