Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by James McMahon <js...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/13 11:00:52 UTC

Process Groups and StandardClassificationService

Good morning. My co-worker and I have independent Process Groups, PGA and
PGB. Both exist at the workflow level immediately under NiFi Flow. Each
process group does indeed appear to have its own unique identifier. However
as we each run our workflows we find that we are periodically being told by
NiFi to refresh because the other has made updates. I noticed that we have
each defined instances of StandardClassificationService. Could that be the
reason we were getting these refresh messages?

In general how should StandardClassificationService,
StandardHttpContextMap, and StandardSSLContextService be instantiated for
process groups? Should there only be one of each service and mapfor NiFi
Flow, shared by all process groups and processors under NiFi flow? Or
should each process group have its own instance, and - if so - why are we
experiencing these refresh messages that appear to be driven by changes in
the other independent process group?

Thank you in advance for your help. -Jim

Re: Process Groups and StandardClassificationService

Posted by Joe Skora <js...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for clarifying!

Posted by James McMahon <js...@gmail.com>.
This is a big help indeed. I am all set, armed with this understanding.
Thank you very much Matt and Joe. -Jim

Posted by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Gilman <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James McMahon <js...@gmail.com>.