Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by gfbj <gf...@excite.com> on 2013/09/10 23:59:24 UTC

Re: exceeded limit of maxWarmingSearchers=4

*sleep 1.5 seconds* command per file
...FWIW I found in trying to cfindex 35K documents that if I did a
cfdirectory list and added a delay per file indexed (and a cfsetting with a
REALLY long timeout), CPU use dropped from 58% to ~19% and I got much
farther without the dread maxWarmingSearchers=4 error cropping up. Spent 2
days figuring this out. Ugh. Hope this helps the next poor soul with this
pernicious error stuck in her/his craw.
(I could actually smell my CPU roasting)