Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by 101questionjsf <in...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/18 12:00:54 UTC

Forced to use session bean for datatable

hi all,

I'm using datatable with sorting option for quite a number of pages, with
session beans for nearly all beans.

If I switch to use request scope bean, the sorting will not work for the
datatable.

Is it alright that nearly all my beans are session scoped? Or is there any
other option such that i can have sorting option and also request scoped?

Thanks
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Forced to use session bean for datatable

Posted by Murat Hazer <mu...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

You can save your lists (datatable uses) with <t:saveState>, this is a
better approach then session scoped beans as i know.

regards...

--
Murat HAZER
Elektrik-Elektronik Mühendisi - Electrical-Electronics Engineer