Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Michael Zucchi <no...@gmail.com> on 2018/09/26 09:19:57 UTC

CVS

Hi there,

I noticed CVS is missing in netbeans 9. Without it i'm somewhat
hamstrung for my Free Software projects as I wont use anything else for
those.

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything recent about it
whatsoever - plans, code or anything else apart from some seemingly
ancient pages on netbeans.org and a ?who knows? fork on github.

I'm willing to look into porting it if the license allows (and ... it
doesn't require maven) - where's the source and what do I do with it if
I can get it working?

Cheers,

  !Z

Re: CVS

Posted by Michael Zucchi <no...@gmail.com>.
On 26/09/18 18:58, Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Michael Zucchi schrieb am 26.09.2018 um 11:19:
>> I noticed CVS is missing in netbeans 9.  Without it i'm somewhat
>> hamstrung for my Free Software projects as I wont use anything else
>> for those.
>>

>> It is available through the update center (Tools -> Plugins -> Available Plugins)

Ok thanks, I had looked there but to confirm I just double-checked to
make sure I wasn't not seeing things.

In the first shot i had 'imported old settings', and in an effort to
find it had the 8.2 plugin portal enabled as well.  In the second shot
it's a fresh start after deleting .netbeans/9.0 and not importing
anything.  I also tried on another machine with the same results.

Using openjdk 11+28, ubuntu 16.04,

$ sha1sum incubating-netbeans-java-9.0-bin.zip
e03f8bec1d56bd50287e4827282cdbbaae37812e
incubating-netbeans-java-9.0-bin.zip

Is it just an "unsupported" jdk?

Cheers,
  !Z