Posted to dev@rave.apache.org by Matthew Marum <vp...@opensocial.org> on 2014/11/17 19:50:43 UTC

Preserving content from docs.opensocial.org

OpenSocial is looking at decommissioning docs.opensocial.org (aka
https://opensocial.atlassian.net/wiki/display/OS/Home) which is our old
Confluence wiki.  Most of the content on the wiki is pretty old but the
OpenSocial Officers wanted to make sure that any content that needed to be
saved was retrieved by the Apache Rave and Apache Shindig communities.  All
the OpenSocial specifications and the supporting process documentation are
currently hosted and will continue to be hosted on Github
(https://github.com/OpenSocial/spec/) and OpenSocial.org.

Are there any links between Apache Shindig and Rave documentation to
docs.opensocial.org?  Or are there any links that MUST stay active on the
wiki?  For that matter, are there any links to an *.opensocial.org web
property that MUST stay active that we should be aware of?

Matthew Marum
VP of Projects
email: vp-projects@opensocial.org
skype: mgmarum

Re: Preserving content from docs.opensocial.org

Posted by Chris Spiliotopoulos <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,

as here in Apache Shindig we're in the process of face-lifting and
restructuring the web site - as well as gathering and re-organizing our
resources - could you give us an indication of when you think of bringing
the wiki down, so that I can export the pages?

Cheers,
Chris

--
Chris Spiliotopoulos

Solutions Architect | @LinkedIn
<https://www.linkedin.com/pub/chris-spiliotopoulos>| @Twitter
<https://twitter.com/chefArchitect>

Re: Preserving content from docs.opensocial.org

Posted by Matthew Marum <vp...@opensocial.org>.
We’d like to be able to shut it down by the end of the year.  So lets say
Dec 31st for now.  I can make an announcement if that date changes for
whatever reason.

Matt

Posted by Chris Spiliotopoulos <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Matthew Marum <vp...@opensocial.org>.
So the issue is hosting it on Atlassian isn’t free.  So it needs to go
somewhere else (as a static copy) which also means that links/bookmarks
may be broken.  I’m trying to assess the impact and the importance of
preserving this content with the community.

Matt

Posted by Kevin Marks <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chris Spiliotopoulos <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matt,