Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/27 23:45:11 UTC

[jsieve] API Changes (and backwards compatibility)

i'd like to start making some API improvements to JSieve which will
break compatibility with 0.2 but should make it easier to integrate
JSieve with JAMES. a big job on the horizon is
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-16, replacing the
singletons with IoC so i think that we'll break compatibility at least
once before reaching a stable version.

opinions?

- robert

Re: [jsieve] API Changes (and backwards compatibility)

Posted by Robert Burrell Donkin <ro...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Aug 28, 2008 at 10:54 AM, Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org> wrote:
> Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
>>
>> i'd like to start making some API improvements to JSieve which will
>> break compatibility with 0.2 but should make it easier to integrate
>> JSieve with JAMES. a big job on the horizon is
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-16, replacing the
>> singletons with IoC so i think that we'll break compatibility at least
>> once before reaching a stable version.
>>
>> opinions?
>
> +1

unless anyone jumps in soon, i'll probably start diving in with
changes that break backwards compatibility.

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Robert Burrell Donkin ha scritto:
> i'd like to start making some API improvements to JSieve which will
> break compatibility with 0.2 but should make it easier to integrate
> JSieve with JAMES. a big job on the horizon is
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JSIEVE-16, replacing the
> singletons with IoC so i think that we'll break compatibility at least
> once before reaching a stable version.
>
> opinions?

+1

Stefano