Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk> on 2005/04/29 13:35:45 UTC

[Axis2] New Factories

Hi all,,

I'm implementing/completing SOAP 1.1 and 1.2 on OM.

It seemed to me that OMFactory alone is not enough and some of the methods
inside that, actually doesn't belong there.

So I came up with following structure.

                            OMFactory

				   SOAPFactory

			____________|__________________
			|					|
		SOAP11Factory			SOAP12Factory

Since you have multiple factories, I introduced a new OMAbstractFactory so
that you can call OMAbstractFactory.getSOAP11Factory() or
OMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory(), etc., This is same as
OMfactory.newInstance(), so nothing to worry.

OMFactory, SOAPFactory, SOAP11Factory and SOAP12Factory are all interfaces
(earlier OMFactory was an abstract class, as it contained the newInstance
method.)

So now OMFactory contains, *only* OM methods. So Jaya and Ashu better work
with that for full api implementations.
But for Axis, better use SOAP11Factory or SOAP12Factory. Both have the same
SOAP 1.2 api, but the implementations will differ depending on the
specifications.

I have still left to implement, SOAP12Factory and SOAP11Factory, plus SOAP
1.2 methods. But all the SOAP specific codes which *were* in OMFactory are
now in SOAPFactory, so you can work as usual.

Thanks and Regards,
Eran Chinthaka

Re: [Axis2] New Factories

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Fri, 2005-04-29 at 17:35 +0600, Eran Chinthaka wrote:
> So I came up with following structure.
>
>                             OMFactory
> 				   SOAPFactory
> 			____________|__________________
> 			|					|
> 		SOAP11Factory			SOAP12Factory

+1.

Sanjiva.

RE: [Axis2] New Factories

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
No it's a concrete class with static methods.

Have u ever named, a java abstract class with the "Abstract" part in it. I
hope not. I used "XXXAbstractFactory" as it was the name of the pattern ;).

-- Chinthaka

Re: [Axis2] New Factories

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.