Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com> on 2012/04/17 12:52:40 UTC

Free Audio-Books powered by OFbiz

Hey Guys,

we just released our demo store:  <http://www.syracus.net> www.syracus.net.
We figured that apparel were a little overdone, so we opted for a store that
lets you download audio books… for free! All is based upon Apache OFBiz, of
course, though we did some extraordinary changes to the ecommerce component:

·         Implementation of Apache Solr – solr is implemented as a
standalone component and can be plugged into the system with ease

·         Complete rewrite of all store pages – cleaned up html & CSS

·         Responsive Design – try looking at the store with your mobile
device

·         Redesigned Checkout – no registration necessary for
one-time-shoppers

Would love to hear your feedback! If you like the available audio books, let
me know, we will continue to add more in the near future.

Cheers,

Paul

---

Paul Piper

Geschäftsführer

Web:  <http://www.ilscipio.com/> http://www.ilscipio.com

Tel: (+49) 611-94589441

Mobil: (+49) 176-63283066

Fax: (+49) 611-94589449

eMail:  <ma...@ilscipio.com> pp@ilscipio.com

ilscipio GmbH

Am Drosselschlag 7

D-35452 Heuchelheim

Germany

Re: Free Audio-Books powered by OFbiz

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Wow!!! Nice look-and-feel.

One issue though. When switching from EN to DE the labels didn't change and
the descriptions didn't change either. Maybe intentional.

Regards,

Pierre

Op 17 april 2012 12:52 schreef Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com> het volgende:

> Hey Guys,
>

> we just released our demo store:  <http://www.syracus.net> www.syracus.net
> .
> We figured that apparel were a little overdone, so we opted for a store
> that
> lets you download audio books… for free! All is based upon Apache OFBiz, of
> course, though we did some extraordinary changes to the ecommerce
> component:
>

> ·         Implementation of Apache Solr – solr is implemented as a
> standalone component and can be plugged into the system with ease
>
> ·         Complete rewrite of all store pages – cleaned up html & CSS
>
> ·         Responsive Design – try looking at the store with your mobile
> device
>
> ·         Redesigned Checkout – no registration necessary for
> one-time-shoppers
>

> Would love to hear your feedback! If you like the available audio books,
> let
> me know, we will continue to add more in the near future.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Paul
>

> ---
>
> Paul Piper
>
> Geschäftsführer
>

> Web:  <http://www.ilscipio.com/> http://www.ilscipio.com
>
> Tel: (+49) 611-94589441
>
> Mobil: (+49) 176-63283066
>
> Fax: (+49) 611-94589449
>
> eMail:  <ma...@ilscipio.com> pp@ilscipio.com
>

> ilscipio GmbH
>
> Am Drosselschlag 7
>
> D-35452 Heuchelheim
>
> Germany

Getting multiple order confirmation mails after placing an order

Posted by kr...@paxcel.net.
Hi All,

We are using Ofbiz V-9.04. We are facing an issue with order checkout, not
exactly with checkout rather with emails. We can place an order and complete
the checkout process. It is expected to get single mail with subject "OFBiz
Demo - Order Confirmation #WSOD10290" but we are getting 4 similar mails due
to re-scheduling. Following are the logs for email failure. Looking forward
for your help to resolve this issue. Thanks in advance. :)

2012-04-17 17:57:16,832 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
EmailServices.java:571:INFO ] Expanded email subject to: OFBiz Demo - Order
Confirmation #WSOD10290
2012-04-17 17:57:16,833 (default-invoker-Thread-19)
[ServiceEcaCondition.java:156:WARN ] From Field (communicationEventId) is
not found in context for sendMailMultiPart, defaulting to null.
2012-04-17 17:57:16,833 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
ServiceEcaRule.java:157:INFO ] Running Service ECA Service:
createCommEventFromEmail, triggered by rule on Service: sendMailMultiPart
2012-04-17 17:57:16,996 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
SequenceUtil.java:348:INFO ] Got bank of sequenced IDs for
[CommunicationEvent]; curSeqId=10630, maxSeqId=10640, bankSize=10
2012-04-17 17:57:17,040 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
Log.java:117:INFO ] [CommonPermissionServices.xml#genericBasePermissionCheck
line 41] Checking for primary permission PARTYMGR_CREATE
2012-04-17 17:57:17,041 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
Log.java:117:INFO ] [CommonPermissionServices.xml#genericBasePermissionCheck
line 48] Checking for alternate permission PARTYMGR_ROLE_CREATE
2012-04-17 17:57:17,366 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
ServiceDispatcher.java:604:INFO ] Sync service [default/createPartyRole]
finished in [349] milliseconds with response [{responseMessage=success}]
2012-04-17 17:57:17,370 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
ServiceDispatcher.java:604:INFO ] Sync service
[default/createCommunicationEventRoleWithoutPermission] finished in [364]
milliseconds with response [{responseMessage=success}]
2012-04-17 17:57:17,373 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
ServiceEcaRule.java:137:INFO ] For Service ECA [createCommunicationEvent] on
[commit] got false for condition:
[statusId][equals][COM_ENTERED][true][String]
2012-04-17 17:57:17,373 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
ServiceEcaRule.java:157:INFO ] Running Service ECA Service: linkToProduct,
triggered by rule on Service: createCommunicationEvent
2012-04-17 17:57:17,614 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
ServiceDispatcher.java:604:INFO ] Sync service [default/linkToProduct]
finished in [240] milliseconds with response [{responseMessage=success}]
2012-04-17 17:57:17,615 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
ServiceDispatcher.java:604:INFO ] Sync service
[default/createCommunicationEvent] finished in [761] milliseconds with
response [{communicationEventId=10630, responseMessage=success}]
2012-04-17 17:57:17,616 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
ServiceDispatcher.java:604:INFO ] Sync service
[default/createCommEventFromEmail] finished in [781] milliseconds with
response [{responseMessage=success, communicationEventId=10630}]
2012-04-17 17:57:17,616 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
EmailServices.java:105:INFO ] SendMail Running, for communicationEventId :
10630
2012-04-17 17:57:17,635 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
EmailServices.java:255:INFO ] 2 multiparts found
2012-04-17 17:57:17,635 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
EmailServices.java:261:INFO ] part of type: text/html and size: 7230
2012-04-17 17:57:17,637 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
EmailServices.java:265:INFO ] part of type: application/pdf and size: 5892

org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:226)
org.ofbiz.service.GenericDispatcher.runSync(GenericDispatcher.java:163)
org.ofbiz.party.communication.CommunicationEventServices.createAttachmentContent(CommunicationEventServices.java:1023)
org.ofbiz.party.communication.CommunicationEventServices.updateCommEventAfterEmail(CommunicationEventServices.java:649)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.serviceInvoker(StandardJavaEngine.java:100)
org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.runSync(StandardJavaEngine.java:57)
org.ofbiz.service.ModelServiceReader$GenericInvokerImpl.runSync(ModelServiceReader.java:761)
_$gen.file_58$.applications.party.servicedef.services_46$xml_35$updateCommEventAfterEmail.runSync(file:/applications/party/servicedef/services.xml#updateCommEventAfterEmail:900)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:399)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:226)
org.ofbiz.service.GenericDispatcher.runSync(GenericDispatcher.java:163)
org.ofbiz.service.eca.ServiceEcaAction.runAction(ServiceEcaAction.java:138)
org.ofbiz.service.eca.ServiceEcaRule.eval(ServiceEcaRule.java:159)
org.ofbiz.service.eca.ServiceEcaUtil.evalRules(ServiceEcaUtil.java:188)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:500)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:226)
org.ofbiz.service.GenericDispatcher.runSync(GenericDispatcher.java:163)
org.ofbiz.common.email.EmailServices.sendMailFromScreen(EmailServices.java:587)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.serviceInvoker(StandardJavaEngine.java:100)
org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.runSync(StandardJavaEngine.java:57)
org.ofbiz.service.ModelServiceReader$GenericInvokerImpl.runSync(ModelServiceReader.java:761)
_$gen.file_58$..framework.common.servicedef.services_95$email_46$xml_35$sendMailFromScreen.runSync(file:/framework/common/servicedef/services_email.xml#sendMailFromScreen:83)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:399)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:226)
org.ofbiz.service.GenericDispatcher.runSync(GenericDispatcher.java:163)
org.ofbiz.order.order.OrderServices.sendOrderNotificationScreen(OrderServices.java:2704)
org.ofbiz.order.order.OrderServices.sendOrderConfirmNotification(OrderServices.java:2551)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.serviceInvoker(StandardJavaEngine.java:100)
org.ofbiz.service.engine.StandardJavaEngine.runSync(StandardJavaEngine.java:57)
org.ofbiz.service.ModelServiceReader$GenericInvokerImpl.runSync(ModelServiceReader.java:761)
_$gen.file_58$.applications.order.servicedef.services_46$xml_35$sendOrderConfirmation.runSync(file:/applications/order/servicedef/services.xml#sendOrderConfirmation:50)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:399)
org.ofbiz.service.ServiceDispatcher.runSync(ServiceDispatcher.java:226)
org.ofbiz.service.GenericDispatcher.runSync(GenericDispatcher.java:163)
org.ofbiz.service.job.GenericServiceJob.exec(GenericServiceJob.java:71)
org.ofbiz.service.job.JobInvoker.run(JobInvoker.java:242)
java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

2012-04-17 17:57:28,914 (default-invoker-Thread-19) [
TransactionUtil.java:378:WARN ]
---- exception
report ----------------------------------------------------------
[TransactionUtil.setRollbackOnly] Calling transaction setRollbackOnly; this
stack trace shows where this is happening:
Exception: java.lang.Exception
Message: Failure in findOne operation for entity [PartyRole]:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException: [GenericDelegator.findOne] Passed
primary key is not a valid primary key:
[GenericEntity:PartyRole][roleTypeId,OWNER(java.lang.String)]. Rolling back
transaction.
---- stack
trace ---------------------------------------------------------------
java.lang.Exception: Failure in findOne operation for entity [PartyRole]:
org.ofbiz.entity.GenericModelException: [GenericDelegator.findOne] Passed
primary key is not a valid primary key:
[GenericEntity:PartyRole][roleTypeId,OWNER(java.lang.String)]. Rolling back
transaction.
org.ofbiz.entity.transaction.TransactionUtil.setRollbackOnly(TransactionUtil.java:378)
.
.
.
.
.
.

Thanks,
Krishan Babbar
Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it may contain
privileged or confidential information. It is solely for use by the
individual for whom it is intended even if addressed incorrectly. If you
received this email in error please notify the sender, do not disclose,
copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on the contents of this
information; and delete it from your system. Any other use of this email is
prohibited. Thank you for your compliance.

Re: Free Audio-Books powered by OFbiz

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.
I recommend spending some time looking at your HTML source. For example,
take a look at the ending markup on this page:

http://www.syracus.net/products/DRAMATIC_WORKS_C

-Adrian

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.
+1, well said. :-)

--
Ashish

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Mike:
On 4/19/12 2:17 PM, Mike wrote:
>> BTW, I agree with Mike (I think it was Mike) who said something like: It
> is really nice to see OFBiz
>> consultancies using OFBiz. I'm just going to add - Thanks for doing this.
> OK:  I'm not a consultant, however soon I may employ one.  When I see a
> firm using OFBiz for their OWN corporate website, that tells me that they
> are willing to eat their own dogfood, and I'm impressed by that.  It also
> tells me that they REALLY understand OFBiz's own CMS capabilities (I
> don't), which gives me confidence in the firm.  Basically, show me that you
> can do.
Funny you should say "willing to eat their own dogfood". I had that very
line on the MyOFBiz.com site awhile back and someone pointed out to me
that it originated with Microsoft. Of course, after hearing that, I took
it off the site right then and there :-)

Seriously, I agree with you. I doubt that Microsoft uses PHP and MySQL
for any of their customer facing systems. Why would a consulting
company, specializing in OFBiz not use OFBiz?

For the longest time you would have been hard pressed to find an OFBiz
service provider using OFBiz to sell OFBiz based consulting services. I
really never understood how they thought this was a good marketing
strategy. Even today, this is the case.
> Also, it tells me what MY future business is capable of, because the last
> thing I want to do is support another CMS solution, with another technology
> (PHP), with another database, and another consultant.
>
> I think Paul's website (http://www.ilscipio.com) looks great and
> professional, just as good as any Magento based website.  Impressive.
I do too. His team did a great job. A credit to the OFBiz community.
When people ask me about reference sites, I will be suggesting they look
at this site.

Posted by Mike <mz...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Paul:
Thanks for your detailed response. Please see below:

On 4/19/12 1:45 PM, madppiper wrote:
> Hi Ruth,
>
> thanks for the great feedback :)
>
> To answer your questions, I think you got a mixup in the paypal integration
> there. Without going over the details, I would recommend to implement paypal
> the following way:
This is pretty much how I do it. I didn't change any of this part of
OFBiz OOTB. Only thing I do differently is always make the buyer go
directly to PayPal anonymously (with a OFBiz loginId of "anonymous").
Then, when the IPN returns satisfactorily, I create the login account -
or not - if they already have a userLoginId. Creating the account isn't
the problem. It is the email notification that tells the user how to
access the account. If the email isn't sent because myofbiz.com is
blacklisted or if the PayPal email account id (an email address) is no
longer valid, the user never gets the email and thus never gets any info
about the order or how to login.

It gets really sticky when the buyer's PayPal email account Id is no
longer a valid/working email address. That is because I have no way to
contact the buyer - at all.

So, for the very few times (I think 3 times) this has happened, I'm not
sure it is worth making everyone create an account before the pay.
> * Create User (use his paypal-eMailaddress in your form, you can prefill
> paypal with this, btw)
> * Create Order (needed for paypal processing anyhow)
> * Forward user to paypal (do handshake and all that in the background,
> depending on the implementation i believe you have to create a session?!)
> * Deliver paypal with a return url, pickup orderId with it, complete order;
> handle paypal status
> * Use email-Address to provide customers with a way of accessing the site
> and to provide them with an order status.
>
> I don't think there is much of a workaround otherwise, since you will
> require to create an order, which requires a user to be set up. If you want,
> contact me directly, and we can discuss it there in detail. Paypal, however,
> only allows two ways of implementation: by iFrame, or by a full redirect, so
> it leaves you with a limited amount of choices...
Thanks for the offer. Wish you had made that about a year ago. I did
eventually figure all this out. Not without many hours of trial and
error and I even figured out how to use the PayPal sandbox to great
effect. Its a wonderful thing once you know how to use it.
> About the product caching: it is not entirely true. See, the problem with
> the original eCommerce App is completed without performance in mind. If i
> recall correctly: Take the category screens for instance, which really on
> the large product widgets. If you look more carefully, you will notice that
> the widgets include a multitude of groovy files and so does the category
> widget. The reason being, that it was designed by reusing some already
> available groovy script that takes care of the actual data (some were
> chained because one delivers some informaton that is needed by another). The
> problem is, that groovy scripts are not handled in a global manner, but you
> iterate over them every time, just for data preparation. So yes, with
> caching you can somewhat control the database queries, but the groovy
> scripts for actually accessing the data are going to be called either way.
> There are many obstacles like this and there was alot of room for
> improvement ...
Ah...I am aware of the limitations of Groovy scripting in the context of
the screen widgets. But I didn't realize it is such a drain on
performance. So, in your implementation, does Solr replace all the
Groovy scripts related to retrieving product info from the database? If
so, that is a wonderful thing.
> The books are going to be our own little secret, but you can be sure they
> are your perfectly legal to download - have fun :)
Will do! And thanks so much for taking the time to respond.
Cheers!
Ruth

Posted by Ruth Hoffman <rh...@aesolves.com>.
Hi Paul:

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
On quick notice , found: http://www.syracus.net/control/main

You may use, requestdispatcher's forward method in index.jsp of your application.

For eg:

<%pageContext.forward("control/main");%>

This will not include control/main in your URL: http://www.syracus.net.

This is good for SEO perspective.

Thanks
--
Divesh

Posted by madppiper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
Hi Robert,

we are actually considering to commit our apache solr component (which is
self-containing, btw, and not integrated into the ecommerce store). And
apart from the shameless self-advertising, we of course also take an
interest in bigfish and their upcoming commit.

Cheers,
Paul

Re: Free Audio-Books powered by OFbiz

Posted by Integrin <in...@gmail.com>.
Robert -

Just so you know, I learnt from this User mailing list about Bigfish
<http://bigfish.salmonllc.com/bfFeatures.html> <Ofbiz based eCommerce
solution> that has Apache Solr integration OOTB;  Bigfish is offered
in Apache V2.0 license; You might want to contact Nick <copied> for
futher questions; Nick also offered to consider contributing Apache
Solr Integration to Ofbiz;

- Regards
Sakthi

On 4/19/12, Robert G. <ga...@mercon24.de> wrote:
> really nice, cause my ecommerce will has about 30.000 products and asking
> all
> the time myself it ofbiz will handle it with reasonable speed. So im really
> interessted in information about the solr integration :)
>
> you dont want to think about offering a kind of manual here about solr
> integration?  :):)
>
> I know it is always difficult for service companies, who sell this know how
> and work to their customer to offer these great milestones for free.
>
> maybe you can think one more time about it :)
>
> thanks for sharing your experience!
>

> Solr integration

Sent from my mobile device

Re: AW: Free Audio-Books powered by OFbiz

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.
great, after I have finished my webstore layout, I will check this out
immediatly!

Re: AW: Free Audio-Books powered by OFbiz

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.
Corrected link as follows

http://www.salmonllc.com/website/downloads/BigFish-eCommerce-v0.2.zip

Posted by Brajesh Patel <br...@gmail.com>.
Hi Robert,

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
Hi Robert,

no tricks or hidden magic there. The server is actually a virtual host, so
there isn't too much power behind it. Behind the scenes, we did a rewrite of
the core functionalities. We found that one of the things within the
eCommerce Store that is rather "slow" is the category tree and the lookup
for products. We opted for another approach, where we used solr to index all
products. We used the calculated trails function I committed a few weeks ago
(https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4580) to generate the trail of
each product on create and store within the solr data.

Because of it, you can do many things that require a lot of calculation
otherwise: you can select all products of a category, even when they are
only assigned to a subcategory. You can look up products much faster and so
on. In comparsion to the ecommerce component, you will notice, for instance,
that there we first generate a list of all products, then loop over a part
of them, then do selects for the individual data and so on. Here only a
single lookup is required. Best is - this scales really well. There is
currently only around 100 products in the db, but with our other projects we
had no problems to handling tens of thousands of products without much of an
impact on the performance.

Regards,
Paul

---
Paul Piper
Geschäftsführer

Web: http://www.ilscipio.com
Tel: (+49) 611-94589441
Mobil: (+49) 176-63283066
Fax: (+49) 611-94589449
eMail: pp@ilscipio.com

ilscipio GmbH
Am Drosselschlag 7
D-35452 Heuchelheim
Germany

wow this is fast! How many products do you have in the shop? What are the
server data? how have you got it that super-fast? :)

Re: Free Audio-Books powered by OFbiz

Posted by "Robert G." <ga...@mercon24.de>.

Posted by Sebastian Schirmer <se...@zyres.com>.
Hi Paul,

how is the solr search integrated? There are a lot of parameters in the
result url.

<http://www.syracus.net/control/keywordsearch/~VIEW_SIZE=9/~VIEW_INDEX=90/~CURR_INDEX=11/~SEARCH_STRING=*:*/~SEARCH_FILTER=%20-isVirtual:true%20catalog:SyracusBookCatalog%20catalog:SyracusBookCatalog%20catalog:SyracusBookCatalog%20catalog:SyracusBookCatalog>

kind regards
Sebastian

--On Dienstag, 17. April 2012 12:52 +0200 Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>