Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Mark Lundquist <ml...@wrinkledog.com> on 2006/08/01 17:45:36 UTC

Re: [CForms] Strictness of the template transformer

On Jul 25, 2006, at 1:58 AM, Florian Leinberger wrote:

> we had invented some own tags to influence our modified
> XSL-Stylesheets that
> render cocoon forms in Cocoon 2.1.6.
>
> i.e. "<fi:cssclass>" or "<fi:cssclassLabel>"
>
> <ft:widget id="mitarbeiterAbwesenheitStartdate">
>   <fi:styling type="readonly" class="" layout="2cols2"/>
>   <fi:cssclass>webFormInputNormalDivHg</fi:cssclass>
>   <fi:cssclassLabel>webFormTextfett</fi:cssclassLabel>
> </ft:widget>
>
> This worked fine in 2.1.6. After un upgrade to Cocoon 2.1.9 however it
> seems
> that the forms template transformer is much stricter now and doesn't
> allow
> unknown tags within <ft:widget> anymore.

You could try not using the FormsTemplateTransformer...

Just add this to your form template:

   <jx:import
uri="resource://org/apache/cocoon/forms/generation/jx-macros.xml"/>

...and remove the FTT <transform> from your sitemap.

It looks like this will do what you want.

The "strictening" of FFT looks like it was done in a change that has
this message in the commit log:

	Remove (buggy) support for arbitrary elements within ft:widget.

So apparently, the functionality was removed because it was buggy and
it wasn't felt that fixing it was practical.

HTH,
—ml—