Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Murthy Chelankuri <km...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/07 12:15:10 UTC

Getting into Too many open files issues

I have experimenting cassandra latest version for storing the huge the in
our application.

Write are doing good. but when comes to reads i have obsereved that
cassandra is getting into too many open files issues. When i check the logs
its not able to open the cassandra data files any more before of the file
descriptors limits.

Can some one suggest me what i am going wrong what could be issues which
causing the read operating leads to Too many open files issue.

Re: Getting into Too many open files issues

Posted by Aaron Morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
> Some reason with in less than an hour cassandra node is opening 32768 files and cassandra is not responding after that.
Are you using Levelled Compaction ?
Is so what value did you set for min_sstable_size ? The default has changed from 5 to 160.

Increasing the file handles is the right thing to do but 32K files is a lot.

Cheers

-----------------
Aaron Morton
New Zealand
@aaronmorton

Co-Founder & Principal Consultant
Apache Cassandra Consulting
http://www.thelastpickle.com

Posted by Arindam Barua <ab...@247-inc.com>.

Posted by Pieter Callewaert <pi...@be-mobile.be>.
Hi Murthy,

Posted by Murthy Chelankuri <km...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "J. Ryan Earl" <os...@jryanearl.us>.
There was a bug introduced in 2.0.0-beta1 related to TTL, a patch just came
available in: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-6275