Posted to user@storm.apache.org by patcharee <Pa...@uni.no> on 2016/03/01 15:33:57 UTC

ExclamationTopology workers executors vs tasks

Hi,

I am new to Storm. I am running the storm starter example
ExclamationTopology on storm cluster (version 0.10). The code snippet is
below:

TopologyBuilder builder =new TopologyBuilder();

builder.setSpout("word",new TestWordSpout(),10);
builder.setBolt("exclaim1",new ExclamationBolt(),3).shuffleGrouping("word");
builder.setBolt("exclaim2",new ExclamationBolt(),2).shuffleGrouping("exclaim1");

However I do not understand why the Num executors and Num tasks of this
topology (seen from the Storm UI) are both 18 (instead of 15) ? Also
from the Storm UI, the Num executors and Num tasks of the Spout word and
the Bolt exclaim1 and exclaim2 are 10, 3 and 2 respectively (as same as
defined in the code).

Thanks,
Patcharee

Re: ExclamationTopology workers executors vs tasks

Posted by Nathan Leung <nc...@gmail.com>.
Each worker process has an ack bolt.