Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Ender Josef <jo...@allocare.com> on 2001/06/13 13:08:25 UTC

Win32: Cannot load mod_perl.so into server

Maybe a hint for other users with the same problem (I spent nearly two
hours):

I installed ftp://theoryx5.uwinnipeg.ca/pub/other/perl-win32-bin-0.7.exe on
NT 4.0 SP 6a. I used perl-win32-bin-0.6 from the same location before.

I used the default.conf with the following additional line:
"LoadModule perl_module modules/mod_perl.so"

If I started apache from the command line, all was working properly.
Also my existing CGI and Perl Registry scripts.

But if I tried to start it as NT Service I got the following error in the
event-log:
---snip---
1. event entry:
The Apache service named Apache.exe reported the following error:
>>> Syntax error on line 204 of c:/apache/conf/httpd.conf: <<<
 before the error.log file could be opened.
 More information may be available in the error.log file.   .

2. event entry:
The Apache service named Apache.exe reported the following error:
>>> Cannot load c:/apache/modules/mod_perl.so into server: (127) The
specified procedure could not be found: <<<
 before the error.log file could be opened.
 More information may be available in the error.log file.   .
---snip---

mod_perl.so was REALLY at this location. I tried also ServerRoot c:/apache
in httpd.conf without success.
I tried to run the NT Service with system account and with my domain account
which was able to start apache from the command line.
But all whiteout success.

Solution:
----------
Reboot the system and all is working properly. Looks like the service didn't
get the new path.

Josi

Re: Win32: Cannot load mod_perl.so into server

Posted by Ron Savage <ro...@savage.net.au>.
Josef

I get exactly the same error, altho on d:. Rebooting does not fix it.

Details here: http://savage.net.au/Perl/Html/configure-apache.html

Cheers
Ron  Savage
ron@savage.net.au