Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ne...@ing.com.au on 2001/07/11 00:56:08 UTC

Weblogic 5.1 sp9 Struts example problem

Hi,

When I try a Strust example , http://localhost:7001/strutsexample/index.jsp, the
following exception is thrown. I've tried deploying the example as a .war file
as well as in the extracted format. ANy ideas ?

Wed Jul 11 08:57:29 GMT+10:00 2001:<E> <WebAppServletContext-strutsexample>
Servlet failed with Exception
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: weblogic.utils.io.FilenameEncoder: method
resolveRelativePaths(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lan
g/String; not found
        at weblogic.servlet.JSPServlet.calculateURI(JSPServlet.java:143)
        at weblogic.servlet.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:105)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:120)

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:915)

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextImpl.invokeServlet(ServletContextImpl.java:879)

        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletContextManager.invokeServlet(ServletContextManager.java:269)

        at
weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.invokeServlet(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:365)
        at weblogic.socket.MuxableSocketHTTP.execute(MuxableSocketHTTP.java:253)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java, Compiled Code)

Cheers
Neil

NOTICE
The information contained in this electronic mail message is privileged and
confidential, and is intended only for use of the addressee.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, reproduction,
distribution or other use of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply
transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

RE: Weblogic 5.1 sp9 Struts example problem

Posted by Abraham Kang <ab...@infogain.com>.
When you deployed in unjarred format did you have
 struts.jar and the /WEB-INF/classes directory on your weblogic classpath?

I have configured Struts with sp8.  I have heard there are allot of bugs
with sp9.

Can you try with sp8 to see if there is a difference after taking the two
steps above?

--Abraham