Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Rob Outar <ro...@ideorlando.org> on 2002/11/14 16:46:23 UTC

A little field help

Sorry for this question if I missed it in a FAQ or something, but I am a
little confused on what field I should use. I need to search on all the
fields I specify for the document and they should not be tokenized --
whatever I store as the value should stay in the same form.  I am thinking I
should be using:

static Field UnIndexed(String name, String value)
          Constructs a String-valued Field that is not tokenized nor
indexed, but is stored in the index, for return with hits.

for my fields?

Let me know.

Thanks,

Rob