Posted to user@commons.apache.org by ro...@agilent.com on 2005/02/04 20:22:36 UTC

Project idea?

I'm thinking of a projects and I'm curious if anyone knows if this has
been done or if it would be a good fit for this forum.

I have customers that often have hundreds of unmanned PCs living outside
their firewall. It would be very helpful to have a push distribution
mechanism for distributing new jars and configuration files. Current
mechanisms appear to be pull based and are not suitable for an unmanned
environment. While a scheduling mechanism would be nice, an on-demand
system would be required for my needs. I'd certainly see this as using
certificated SSL on both sides as well.
It's hard to imagine that someone hasn't done this already but I've not
come up with anything in my searches.

-Robert

Re: Project idea?

Posted by Mario Winterer <ma...@eduhi.at>.
Install a FTP SSL/TLS server on the PCs! For jar-deployment use a
ftp-client or write a simple ant-script that can do mass-updates.

Best regards,
  Tex