Posted to dev@impala.apache.org by Philip Zeyliger <ph...@cloudera.com> on 2017/09/13 21:18:45 UTC

vim / Eclipse setups for new developers, on the C++ side

Hi folks,

I'm querying what folks use for working on the C++ side of the code base.
I'm specifically interested in navigation tools for vim (better than
ctags), error-highlighting tools for vim (showing syntax errors and such
"live"), and Eclipse integration (yes, I've seen the wiki
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/Eclipse+Setup+for+Impala+Development>
).

I'll be happy to collate and update
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/IMPALA/Useful+Tips+for+New+Impala+Developers
(or other appropriate pages) once I get some feedback!

Thanks!

-- Philip

Re: vim / Eclipse setups for new developers, on the C++ side

Posted by Bikramjeet Vig <bi...@cloudera.com>.
I use eclipse for just about everything. For c++, in addition to the steps
mentioned in the wiki you need to manually add includes from the toolchain
dir for eclipse to identify everything, refer this file
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/download/attachments/66850977/be-cdt-includes.xml?version=1&modificationDate=1478294198000&api=v2&download=true>
to get an idea of which includes you need . Also you need to add support
for c++11 by following steps in this link
<https://stackoverflow.com/a/33964908>.
As far as debugging is concerned, eclipse is fairly painless when it comes
to c++, but if I want to do something more fancy that eclipse dosent
support, I fall back to using GDB.

Posted by Lars Volker <lv...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Shant Hovsepian <sh...@arcadiadata.com>.

Posted by 俊杰陈 <cj...@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks & Best Regards

Re: vim / Eclipse setups for new developers, on the C++ side

Posted by Tim Armstrong <ta...@cloudera.com>.