Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com> on 1998/03/31 17:11:00 UTC

Anyone else getting Warnings with ssh/CVS?

Am I the only one getting the following with any remote CVS to apache.org:

    Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program
    could not be run on the server side.

Brian, did you move something around, or maybe upgrade to FreeBSD 2.2.6?

Re: Anyone else getting Warnings with ssh/CVS?

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
Marc Slemko wrote:

> On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Jim Jagielski wrote:
>
> > Am I the only one getting the following with any remote CVS to apache.org:
> >
> >     Warning: Remote host denied X11 forwarding, perhaps xauth program
> >     could not be run on the server side.
> >
> > Brian, did you move something around, or maybe upgrade to FreeBSD 2.2.6?
>
> X11 has been temporarily removed from taz for upgrading.  Don't worry
> about it.
>
> Use "-x" or "ForwardX11 no" for taz in the config file for now if it bugs
> you.

Just FYI, this can also be caused by sshd not knowing about xauth at
compile time (I forget exactly why), even though X is fully functional.
Which can waste a lot of time searching around if you didn't know that!

Cheers,

Ben.

--
Ben Laurie                Phone: +44 (171) 460 4460
Lead Architect            Fax:   +44 (171) 460 4461

Re: Anyone else getting Warnings with ssh/CVS?

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.