Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Philippe Mouawad <p....@ubik-ingenierie.com> on 2016/10/08 08:55:37 UTC

Drop BSF Support in JMeter in future

Hello,
What do you think of dropping BSF Support in JMeter in a future version ?
- Deprecate in 3.1 or 3.2
- Drop in the following ?

Is there still any reason for using BSF which AFAIU is replaced by JSR223 ?
AFAIU, it was useful when we were supporting JAVA 5. But now that our
minimum version is Java 7, I don't see any reason for keeping it here. Last
site update of BSF is October 2011

Am I missing something ?
Thanks
Regards
Philippe

Re: Drop BSF Support in JMeter in future

Posted by Andrey Pokhilko <ap...@ya.ru>.
+1 to drop it

Andrey Pokhilko

Posted by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com>.
+1 to drop it

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Sunday, October 16, 2016, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 16 October 2016 at 09:30, Philippe Mouawad
> <philippe.mouawad@gmail.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > le Hello,
> > Regarding users:
> > - no feedback on user mailing list
> > - on twitter, a poll tweet was printed 3854 times, opened 221 times, 149
> > votes:
> > Question that was avilable for 7 days:
> > Hello users, we plan to deprecate BSF elements (replaced by JSR223) in
> next
> > version and drop them in the following one
> >
> > * Ok for me: 42%
> > * No I use it : 3%
> > * What is BSF ? :) : 44%
> > * What is JSR223 ? :) : 11%
> >
> > So I tend to thinl we can deprecate them at least.
> > Thoughts ?
>
> What's the hurry?
> A week is not really long enough for people to respond.

on twitter the poll cannot last more than 1 week, it.'si automatically
closed.

How much time do you want to wait on user ml ?
I personally think we won't get any further answer.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Drop BSF Support in JMeter in future

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
le Hello,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Drop BSF Support in JMeter in future

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hi ,

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Drop BSF Support in JMeter in future

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.

Re: Drop BSF Support in JMeter in future

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.