Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org> on 2009/09/29 17:07:20 UTC

[ANN] Luke 0.9.9 release

Hi all,

I'm happy to announce the new release of Luke - the Lucene Index Toolbox.

Binaries and sources are available for download at the usual place:

	http://www.getopt.org/luke/
	http://www.getopt.org/luke/lukeall-0.9.9.jar
	http://www.getopt.org/luke/luke-0.9.9/luke-src-0.9.9.tgz
	http://www.getopt.org/luke/luke-0.9.9/luke-src-0.9.9.zip

I decided to at least partially synchronize the release numbers with
Lucene release numbers. Next version of Luke, which will include Lucene
3.0, will become a 1.0 release! :)

Changes in v. 0.9.9:
====================

This release upgrades to Lucene 2.9.0 jars.

New features and improvements:
------------------------------
* Luke can now open multiple indexes found in subdirectories one level
below the selected directory.

* Added Hadoop Plugin for working with indexes on Hadoop file systems.
This uses Hadoop 0.19.2 and dependencies released with this release of
Hadoop. The plugin uses partial local caching to speed up some operations.

* Term counts and percentages are calculated in a background thread, so
the opening of large indexes should be a little faster. Also, this
operation is skipped for indexes accessed over slow IO (such as HDFS).

* Added More Like This query builder from current document (or its
selected fields).

* Search time is now monitored using System.nanoTime, and the last
search time is preserved in the UI.

* Search can be now repeated N times to get a better estimate of average
search time. Note: the measured time involves only the search(), not the
retrieval of documents.

* AnalyzerTool plugin now uses and illustrates the new token Attribute API.

* Nearly all uses of deprecated Lucene API are replaced with the new API.

Bug fixes:
----------
* Fix a counter-intuitive behavior where in the Open dialog Luke chops
off the last path element from previously used index path.

* Fix XMLExporter entity escaping, and add a missing quote in term
vector size.

* Fix a long-standing Thinlet bug related to tabbedpane with many tabs -
now tabs don't "overflow" the tabbedpane area thus corrupting the
display of surrounding components.

I'd like to thank people who reported problems and suggested
improvements: Craig Stires, Phil Whelan, Andrea Habringer, Benjamin
Beckmann, George Herson, Daniel Noll, Mike McCandless, Chris Pimlott and
others.

Enjoy! :)

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: [ANN] Luke 0.9.9 release

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
I like the way the AnalyzerTool works with the new Attribute api.
It is helpful for debugging, thank you!

Robert Muir
rcmuir@gmail.com