Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "Anuradha S.Athreya" <an...@world2web.com> on 2005/07/20 10:56:33 UTC

Response Time

Hi,

My doubt is regarding the value of Response Time.
Even when there has been no response from the Server, a time is provided.
What is the significance of this time.

Rgds
Anu

Re: Response Time

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
just becuase there's no response, it doesn't necessarily mean the time
will be zero. for example, if the sampler tries to connect to the
server and wasn't able to, it might take a few seconds for the
connection to close. Not all servers close and clean up connections
correctly, so there's no gaurantee that a filed request means zero
elapsed time.

peter