Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Eng. Bilal Ghayad" <bi...@ghayad.com> on 2018/11/06 12:07:39 UTC

From none maven project to maven project

Hello All;

If my project is not maven (native) and I need to make it maven, all what I
need is to add the pom.properties and pom.xml files?

Or I have to restructure the project folders same as maven folders
structure?

Eng. Bilal Ghayad
Mob: +96171113391
Tel: +9615806234

Fax: +9615806234

P.O.BOX 14-6306, Beirut - Mazraa, LEBANON

Web:  <http://www.ghayad.com/> www.ghayad.com
Email:  <ma...@ghayad.com> bilal@ghayad.com

Disclaimer: This message and any attachments are confidential and intended
solely for the addressee(s).
Any unauthorized use is prohibited. Ghayad is not liable for the message if
altered, changed or falsified.

Re: From none maven project to maven project

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.
Without knowing any details about your project, I have no idea. Maybe
you already keep your source code in src/main/java? Maybe you already
have some scripts to download dependent libraries instead of using
some lib/ directory? Maybe you have a simple JAR project and not a
complex WAR project with a ton of dependencies? With the level of
details you've provided, we're not going to be able to help you too
much.

Add a basic pom.xml, and try to build. Fix the things that don't work.
I generally can Maven-ize a project pretty quickly, usually in less
than an hour.

https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-pom.html
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-standard-directory-layout.html

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.