Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by PianoJaG83 <jg...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/31 17:17:40 UTC

SchemaParticle content model for single children

I've noticed that getContentModel() on a SchemaParticle with only one child
will return a SchemaLocalElement instead of a sequence containing one child.
For example, consider:

	<xs:complexType name="MyComponentType">
		<xs:complexContent>
			<xs:extension base="base:ComponentType">
				<xs:sequence>
					<xs:element name="childElement" type="domain:ChildType" nillable="true"
maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
				</xs:sequence>
			</xs:extension>
		</xs:complexContent>
	</xs:complexType>

If myComponentType represents the SchemaType for MyComponentType, then
myComponentType.getContentModel() returns a SchemaLocalElement named
childElement.  I would expect the content model to be a SchemaParticleImpl
with a particle type of SEQUENCE.

Doesn't this alter the semantics of the XML structure?  If I have some code
that expects to treat sequences differently from elements, this would break
it.