Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sandeep Khurana <sa...@persistent.co.in> on 2010/03/02 06:59:40 UTC

RE: ADB server side code

Does anybody have any clue on this end? It could be vague, but nothing seemed documented for this.

-Sandeep
________________________________
Posted by Dennis Sosnoski <dm...@sosnoski.com>.
Hi Sandeep,

If you're working from existing Java code, your best approach is to use
Jibx2Wsdl (http://jibx.sourceforge.net/fromcode/jibx2wsdl.html) to
generate a WSDL service description. This also generates JiBX bindings,
so if you want you can continue to work with your existing code using
Axis2 and the generated WSDL and bindings. You can also take the
generated WSDL and use it to generate an ADB data model and use that
with Axis2. Either way, the Axis2 web service should be interoperable
with other web services stacks.

POJO deployment is generally not a good option, because it doesn't give
you any control over XML representations or optional/required status.
 From Jira reports I've seen it also appears to have serious performance
issues.

The 2007 data binding comparison article is still fairly accurate. ADB's
schema support has improved since then, as has JiBX's. I'm planning to
add direct code generation for JiBX to Axis2 WSDL2Java soon - for now,
if you want to work from a WSDL with JiBX in Axis2 you have to first
extract the schemas and generate those with JiBX, then rung WSDL2Java
with the resulting binding and code.

  - Dennis

--
Dennis M. Sosnoski
Java XML and Web Services

Re: ADB server side code

Posted by a f <ta...@gmail.com>.
sorry for the silly question but isn't that example in pojo guide returning
a weather object that is a custom object? so, I believe we can return a
custom object in pojo type implementation as well, rigth? thank you.

--teo