Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com> on 2005/11/13 23:06:43 UTC

better format for changes log?

Hi,

The Velocity changelog is really a bit of a mess. It's out of date and confusingly formatted.
http://jakarta.apache.org/velocity/docs/changes.html

I'm trying to find a way to make this easier to keep current.  I could just hand-enter each JIRA issue as it's solved.  But I notice that a lot of the Jakarta projects use a common format, with special icons and an RSS feed.  Is this a maven technique?  For example.
http://jakarta.apache.org/turbine/turbine/development/turbine-2.3/changes-report.html

Any suggestions?  Particularly from Henning - I'm curious how you do this with Turbine.

WILL

Re: better format for changes log?

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.
"Will Glass-Husain" <wg...@forio.com> writes:

>Any suggestions?  Particularly from Henning - I'm curious how you do =
>this with Turbine.

Use the maven changes format. I started this with my last few commits.

You can find docs at http://mojo.codehaus.org/changes-maven-plugin/

The maven 2.0 version of the plugin can actually parse the JIRA changelog.
Else you simply use the format described on the howto page.

	Best regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42