Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@liege.ICS.UCI.EDU> on 1996/09/24 01:59:26 UTC

Re: Negotiation updates part II

> Doesn't look like this got committed.  Looking over everything it appears this
> is relatively uncontroversial - and it looks like it's gotten the proper
> scrutiny by the HTTP cop and his sargeants.  :)  If Roy gives it a +1, I'll
> concur with a +1; this seems like something that should accompany any claim of
> HTTP 1.1 compliance, at least in spirit.  Though, at this point, we might want
> to consider just leaving the Holtman stuff completely out of whatever we
> distribute to the public, lest it end up accidentally in someone's browser and
> then we have a support legacy to consider.

mod_negotiation.patch4:

+1.  As much as I dislike Koen's notions of having the proxy make
     decisions that only the user-agent can make, we will need most
     of this code to support normal agent-driven negotiation anyway
     and I'd rather have it in the CVS tree (where we can fix it)
     than in someone else's patches.

.....Roy