Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Nigel L Jones <jo...@uk.ibm.com> on 2015/05/07 09:57:27 UTC

Making mailing lists available via GMANE

Hi,
 There are many apache mailing lists made available through gmane ie
http://gmane.org/find.php?list=apache

 Would it be ok to get the falcon lists made available via NNTP this way ?
See form at http://gmane.org/subscribe.php - I'm happy to contact
gmane/submit the form/fill in sensible values if people here are happy
with the suggestion? Equally I'm interested in any reasons why this isn't
a good idea or doesn't work well, or suggestions for alternative bridges
(other than roll-your-own)

email threading in my mail client is far from perfect, so I'd find it
useful to better be able to follow, search & potentially contribute to
discussions. It's also in my opinion a more friendly way for a colleague
to catch up with current discussions, Given that other apache lists are
already available hopefully I'm not alone and as falcon increases in
popularity this could become more useful.

Kind regards
Nigel Jones

----
Nigel Jones, InfoSphere Solutions Architecture, IBM Analytics Group -
jonesn@uk.ibm.com
Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

RE: Making mailing lists available via GMANE

Posted by Srikanth Sundarrajan <sr...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Nigel,
I guess it wouldn't hurt to have the discussions available via NNTP.

Regards
Srikanth Sundarrajan

Posted by Seetharam Venkatesh <ve...@innerzeal.com>.
Please go ahead and set it up - no issues. Thanks for jumping in. :-)

On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 12:57 AM, Nigel L Jones <jo...@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>  There are many apache mailing lists made available through gmane ie
> http://gmane.org/find.php?list=apache
>
>  Would it be ok to get the falcon lists made available via NNTP this way ?
> See form at http://gmane.org/subscribe.php - I'm happy to contact
> gmane/submit the form/fill in sensible values if people here are happy
> with the suggestion? Equally I'm interested in any reasons why this isn't
> a good idea or doesn't work well, or suggestions for alternative bridges
> (other than roll-your-own)
>
> email threading in my mail client is far from perfect, so I'd find it
> useful to better be able to follow, search & potentially contribute to
> discussions. It's also in my opinion a more friendly way for a colleague
> to catch up with current discussions, Given that other apache lists are
> already available hopefully I'm not alone and as falcon increases in
> popularity this could become more useful.
>
> Kind regards
> Nigel Jones
>
> ----
> Nigel Jones, InfoSphere Solutions Architecture, IBM Analytics Group -
> jonesn@uk.ibm.com
> Unless stated otherwise above:
> 741598.

Venkatesh