Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Sai MuraliKriahna <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/08/28 21:22:51 UTC

How do I get the encoding of a PDF File and set the encoding of the input stream??

Hi Team,
I am spanding so much of time to implement the java programme to replacing
the text from the already one pdf draft and trying to replace the text in
my draft and generating the new pdf .

Here i have  facing issues :

1) first loading  pdf draft  and parsing with PdStream parser() mathod.
2) There is any way we can change tokens (in normal text formatt).here
please if any encoding or decoding is available , please let me know.
3)  To getting the exact positions of labels or place holders  is possiable
,
Please let me know if it is possiable.
4)customizing parsers are available in the pdf box ,my text is always
parsing
want to in String ,i.e COSString formatt (not In COS ARRAY ormatt).
5) This is the i.e PDF BOX is this Correct API  in java or not. above all
are possiable or not ,

please let me know

please share the sample above senarios, or already existing link

Thank you in advance

--

BestRegards,

      sai

(+91) 888 582 6845

Re: How do I get the encoding of a PDF File and set the encoding of the input stream??

Posted by Tilman Hausherr <TH...@t-online.de>.
Hi,

I don't understand what you're asking. For example, what is the meaning
of the sentence "my text is always parsing want to in String"? Did you
use google translate to write the text?

Maybe concentrate on a single problem at a time.

So, for (1), "first loading pdf draft and parsing with PdStream parser()
mathod":

- what version are you using?
- what code are you using?

      PDDocument doc = PDDocument.loadNonSeq (new File("...."), null);

Tilman