Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Johnston, Nigel" <ni...@intel.com> on 2002/06/19 22:28:53 UTC

Reusing the validator.

Hi,
My parsing scenarios have a large number of mostly small messages that all
use the same schema.
I while ago I used the Xerces parser and was able to drastically increase
performance for validated documents by reusing the grammar.

I'm now using Xalan, since I need to perform a few simple XPath queries on
my parsed document, but I dont see any option to reuse the validator (at
least not in XalanSourceTreeParserLiaison...).
Is this feature available in Xalan?
The documentation (usage patterns) says I can use a Xerces DOM as input, but
then warns against it for performance reasons. I assume this cost is far
less than having to reload the schema every time?

thanks,