Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Christian Riedel <cr...@googlemail.com> on 2011/11/02 17:18:12 UTC

[T5.3-rc-2] incompatible with artefacts built against prior versions e.g. 5.1

Hi

We're using some shared libs from one project that is currently built with Tapestry 5.1 in a project that uses the most recent version of 5.3, i.e. 5.3-rc-2.
Since today we encontered the following exception:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.ObjectLocator.getService(Ljava/lang/Class;)Ljava/lang/Object;

This comes from the lib that uses 5.1. I had a look at the code and there was a change in the API: "The ability to specify marker annotation types was added in 5.3"
As a drop-in-replacement this wouldn't cause any upgrade problems but our lib is now incompatible with 5.3.

Can't you support both methods?

    <T> T getService(Class<T> serviceInterface, Class<? extends Annotation>... markerTypes);
and
    <T> T getService(Class<T> serviceInterface);

It's causing us some trouble right now :-/

Cheers
Christian