Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu> on 2003/08/14 20:37:06 UTC

DOM events

Is there any way I can capture element building "events" of some sort in
the JAXP DocumentBuilder or in the Xerces-J Implementation of that
Builder? Basically, I need to know when certain elements are created so
that I can retain references to those elements in another object.

thanks,
Mark Diggory
Harvard MIT Data Center

Re: DOM events

Posted by "Mark R. Diggory" <md...@latte.harvard.edu>.
I was thinking that others would think I was talking about Events as in
the SAX Events in an XMLFilter, that I could use the an XMLFilter to
process the events, but this doesn't give me the ability to attain a
reference to the current "working node" in the DocumentBuilder. This is
what I really want. Is there any functionality for this in the XNI API
perhaps?

any advice would be highly appreciated,
Mark DIggory