Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Shah Amit <am...@hotmail.com> on 2005/01/19 03:27:06 UTC

Can I use Jetspeed2 with Turbine ...

Also I am kindaa in an evaluation stage of Portal and what framework to use.
If someone can give me some comparisions, I would really appreciate.

I know that Jetspeed 2 is  based on Spring Framework. Is it easy to use
Spring Framework as the framework for my portlets with Jetspeed ?? Also some
of my concerns with using Spring would be how easily are developers with
expertise in Spring Framework available in market ??

I have worked quite a lot with Turbine Framework and Velocity and I know
those pretty well, but I dont know if Jetspeed 2 supports Turbine :(

Any helps, opinions very appreciated !!!

Regards,
Amit

Re: Can I use Jetspeed2 with Turbine ...

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
We only use the IoC and AoP portion of Spring in Jetspeed 2 we do not
use the web frame  As for developing portlet apps in Turbine, you will
probably need to develop a "bridge" like we have already done for
Struts, PHP, Perl and Velocity.

Shah Amit wrote:work

> Also I am kindaa in an evaluation stage of Portal and what framework
> to use. If someone can give me some comparisions, I would really
> appreciate.
>
> I know that Jetspeed 2 is  based on Spring Framework. Is it easy to
> use Spring Framework as the framework for my portlets with Jetspeed ??
> Also some of my concerns with using Spring would be how easily are
> developers with expertise in Spring Framework available in market ??
>
> I have worked quite a lot with Turbine Framework and Velocity and I
> know those pretty well, but I dont know if Jetspeed 2 supports Turbine :(
>
> Any helps, opinions very appreciated !!!
>
> Regards,
> Amit

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."  - Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <we...@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEdit, Website Content Management    *
*     <http://www.openedit.org>           *