Posted to dev@apex.apache.org by "York, Brennon" <Br...@capitalone.com> on 2015/09/16 17:37:48 UTC

Re: Guide for new committers

All, can someone provide a succinct guide on how to merge in a PR from the
Github mirror (at github.com/apache/incubator-apex-core) into the Apache
github repo (at
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-apex-core.git). I¹m
trying to test my commit access by merging in Thomas¹ PR (#53 to add a
LICENSE file) and I¹ve followed the links below (plus the other thread) to
set everything up although I can¹t figure out how to explicitly merge code
into the upstream repo. Any help here would be really helpful!

Re: Guide for new committers

Posted by Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>.
Makes sense. Thanks Chris.

On Mon, Sep 21, 2015 at 1:13 PM, Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>
wrote:

> [...]
> >> delete the material from your computer.
> >> ________________________________________________________
> >>
> >> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or
> >> proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used
> >> solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The
> >>information
> >> transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or
> >>entity
> >> to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the
> >>intended
> >> recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
> >> dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any
> >> action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you
> >> have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and

Andy Perlitch
Software Engineer
DataTorrent Inc
(408)829-9319

Re: Guide for new committers

Posted by Chris Nauroth <cn...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: Guide for new committers

Posted by Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>.

wrote:

> Andy, that’s awesome. I figure, to your earlier point on tracking website
> issues, I figure we can just make more JIRAs and track there. That was we
> at least have a reference. Thanks for this!
>
> On 9/18/15, 10:16 AM, "Andy Perlitch" <an...@datatorrent.com> wrote:
>
> >Brennon,
> >
> >I have added this page
> ><http://apex.incubator.apache.org/github-mirror-pull-requests.html> to
> the
> >site. It's basically just what thomas mentioned earlier in this email, and
> >could probably use a little more love. Also, once we get our new docs
> >worked out, we'll formalize this doc and put it there.
> >
> >Best,
> >Andy
> >
> >On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>
> >wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Brennon,
> >>
> >> The website is backed by an apache git repository (
> >> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-apex-site.git). The
> >> github mirror is here: https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-site. I
> >> made a first pass at the README when creating it for the first time but
> >> assume there are some things missing from it (specifically, I see that
> >> there is no "contributing" section).
> >>
> >> Take a look and please reply here with questions. I suppose best way to
> >> allow for contributing to the site is to open pull requests against the
> >> github mirror. Let me know what you think.
> >>
> >> -Andy

> updating

> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Andy Perlitch
> >> Software Engineer
> >> DataTorrent Inc
> >> (408)829-9319
> >>

> >--
> >Regards,
> >Andy Perlitch
> >Software Engineer
> >DataTorrent Inc
> >(408)829-9319

Andy Perlitch
Software Engineer
DataTorrent Inc
(408)829-9319

Re: Guide for new committers

Posted by "York, Brennon" <Br...@capitalone.com>.

Re: Guide for new committers

Posted by Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com>.
Brennon,

I have added this page
<http://apex.incubator.apache.org/github-mirror-pull-requests.html> to the
site. It's basically just what thomas mentioned earlier in this email, and
could probably use a little more love. Also, once we get our new docs
worked out, we'll formalize this doc and put it there.

Best,
Andy

On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 2:28 PM, Andy Perlitch <an...@datatorrent.com> wrote:

> Hey Brennon,
>
> The website is backed by an apache git repository (
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator-apex-site.git). The
> github mirror is here: https://github.com/apache/incubator-apex-site. I
> made a first pass at the README when creating it for the first time but I
> assume there are some things missing from it (specifically, I see that
> there is no "contributing" section).
>
> Take a look and please reply here with questions. I suppose best way to
> allow for contributing to the site is to open pull requests against the
> github mirror. Let me know what you think.
>
> -Andy
>

> On Wed, Sep 16, 2015 at 10:25 AM, York, Brennon <
> Brennon.York@capitalone.com> wrote:
>
>> Nailed it! Thanks @Thomas for this.
>>
>> @Andy, could you help me understand how to update the incubator site
>> (apex.incubator.apache.org)? I’d like to take a stab at either updating
>> the docs there (if you haven’t) or know how to do it :)
>>
>> On 9/16/15, 9:28 AM, "Andy Perlitch" <an...@datatorrent.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I'll be sure and add these instructions to the website.
>> >
>> >Andy

>> of

>> you

>> The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and/or
>> proprietary to Capital One and/or its affiliates and may only be used
>> solely in performance of work or services for Capital One. The information
>> transmitted herewith is intended only for use by the individual or entity
>> to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended
>> recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, retransmission,
>> dissemination, distribution, copying or other use of, or taking of any
>> action in reliance upon this information is strictly prohibited. If you
>> have received this communication in error, please contact the sender and
>> delete the material from your computer.
>>

> --
> Regards,
> Andy Perlitch