Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Adam Pfeiffer <ad...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/09 03:43:55 UTC

Help w/ Tomcat 4.0 and Apache

Hello,
I searched for an hour before asking this basic question so please don't crucify me.  I have
tomcat installed and working and apache installed and working as separate programs.  I can not
find the directions on how to set up apache to pass jsp/servlet requests to tomcat.  I have seen
that I need a module called webapp, but I can not find where to download this at.  Two things I
would like:

1. Where to download the webapp module

2. Any faqs/install instructions for tomcat to work with apache

Thanks much.

Re: Help w/ Tomcat 4.0 and Apache

Posted by Xavier NOPRE <xn...@netceler.com>.
Hi,

> 1. Where to download the webapp module

For Tomcat 4.0.1 :
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/release/v4.0.1/bin/win32
/webapp-module-1.0-tc40-windows.zip

> 2. Any faqs/install instructions for tomcat to work with apache

Read the install.txt file, extract SO and DLL files in MODULE (not in
libexec), start tomcat before apache

Xavier

RE: Help w/ Tomcat 4.0 and Apache

Posted by Rory Murphy <rm...@indigo.ie>.
Thanks, Barry.  Much appreciated.  I'm a bit "green" myself, so I'll read up
on how to decide whether to use Apache/ IIS with TomCat or just TomCat.
Thanks again.