Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Shenfeng Liu <li...@gmail.com> on 2013/07/12 15:24:26 UTC

Call for Translation Verification - Towards AOO 4.0 Release Candidate - 61 show stopper bugs are waiting for verification

Thanks Yu Zhen to drive the defect verification! It is very important to
ensure all release blocker defects are really fixed.

I noticed that there are 21 resolved release blockers are about
translations. So I forward to I10N mail list and suggest we contribute to
verify and close those items.

19 among the 21 are really feature/task to enable the languages in 4.0. I
suggest we following the way below to verify:
1. Install the native language package of the AOO 4.0 RC build from
here<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Development+Snapshot+Builds#DevelopmentSnapshotBuilds-AOOSnapshot>
.
2. Lauch the AOO 4.0 RC application, verify (1) the translation language in
this package is correct; (2) new or open a document to check the basic
functions not impacted.
3. If the verification in step 2 passed, please add comments in related
Bugzilla record and change the status to VERIIFIED.
4. If any string need to be refined, you can open a new defect in Bugzilla.

Below is the 19 records per my current check:
121816     Native-L     pt     Portuguese (pt) translation update fro AOO
4.0
122284     Native-L     ru     Russian (ru) translation for OpenOffice 4.x
122355     Native-L     sk     Slovak (sk) translation for OpenOffice 4.x
122360     Native-L     hu     Hungarian translation of AOO 4.0.0
122386     Native-L     sl     Slovenian (sl) translation for OpenOffice 4.x
122457     Native-L     es     [ES]Integrate last Spanish 4.0 translation
122467     Native-L     nl     Dutch translation for AOO 4.0
122468     Native-L     de     German translation update for AOO 4.0
122469     Native-L     en-GB     English (United Kingdom) translation
update for AOO 4.0
122474     Native-L     ja     Japanese (ja) translation for for OpenOffice
4.x
122488     Native-L     ko     Korean translation of AOO 4.0 UI & Help
122568     Native-L     fi     Finnish translation update for AOO 4.0
122584     Native-L     fr     French translation update for AOO4.0
122585     Native-L     ta     Tamil translation for AOO 4.0
122588     Native-L     it     Italian translation update for AOO 4.0
122631     Native-L     gd     Gaelic (gd) translation for OpenOffice 4.x
122653     Native-L     el     Greek (el) translation for OpenOffice 4.x
122670     Native-L     ast     Asturian translation update for AOO 4.0
122689     Native-L     gl     Galician translation update for AOO 4.0

The 2 below will require special check:
122192     Native-L     pt-br     Some strings directing to Oracle
122640     Native-L     it     Accelerators (mnemonics) missing in main
menu in localized versions

Any comments?
Thanks!

- Shenfeng (Simon)