Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com> on 2002/12/05 08:40:26 UTC

Re: no such method error on ((org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriter Impl)out).flushBuffer();

In general, you would place them in $TOMCAT_HOME/lib/apps.  Any jar file in
this directory will be accessable to all webapps.

"Schultz, Cecilia" <Sc...@rsccd.org> wrote in message

Hello,
I am using Tomcat 3.3.1, win2k + IIS 5, IIS redirects to Tomcat

I have a simple test1.jsp:

 <% String thispage="test1.jsp"; %>

 this page is <%=thispage %>

I was getting the same exact error "no such method error on
((org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspWriter Impl)out).flushBuffer(); "

(message posted
http://mikal.org/interests/java/tomcat/archive/view?mesg=49279  )

Thanks to the message posting, I looked for other .jars in the classloader
hierarchy, and it turned out there was a j2ee.jar under my webapp's
WEB-INF\lib folder, which had a JspWriterImpl.class with no flushBuffer()
method.  I removed the j2ee.jar from WEB-INF\lib and now I can see test1.jsp
with no errors.

My question is now, I see other jars under WEB-INF\lib that are generic, I
think they should not be under WEB-INF\lib webapps's specific lib folder:
jars like  mail.jar, mailapi.jar activation.jar, imap.jar, (j2ee.jar
itself). Where is the coorect place to put these generic non-webapp-specific
jars?

Thank you
Cecilia