Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by poeta simbolista <po...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/14 18:47:36 UTC

FieldCacheImpl mistake?

Hi guys,
I have been diving into the FieldCacheImpl code.
I have seen sth on actual version:
Revision 488908 - (view) (download) (annotate) - [select for diffs]
Modified Wed Dec 20 03:47:09 2006 UTC (8 weeks ago) by yonik
File length: 13425 byte(s)

that I wonder if it's not totally right, or if it is, I would like to know
why.

In the creation of eeach cache (Int, Float, String) there is a String
comparison using != instead of equals method:

if (term==null || term.field() != field) break;

I hope this can be useful... though i have used the code and it seems to
work perfectly.
Cheers