Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Link Wang <li...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/14 10:50:00 UTC

How to specify StreamID in storm-kafka spout?

Dear all,

    I'm using KafkaSpout of 0.9.2-incubating, I want my KafkaSpout to emit
more than one stream with given streamID, but It seems that there's not way
to do this. any help?
bellow is my pom dependency of storm-kafka:
        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.storm</groupId>
            <artifactId>storm-kafka</artifactId>
            <version>0.9.2-incubating</version>
        </dependency>

Link Wang

Re: How to specify StreamID in storm-kafka spout?

Posted by Vladi Feigin <vl...@gmail.com>.
You need to pass the stream ID (you define it ) in SpoutOutputCollector
emit method (first parameter)
And  you need also to pass stream id when you build a topology
(TopologyBuilder) . For example when you call shuffleGrouping method
Vladi