Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net> on 2016/11/06 20:20:07 UTC

JIRA release note?

Hi all.

In the process of releasing engine v2.0, I'm supposed to create a
release note on JIRA, but although I can browse, create and release
versions, I don't see any 'Releases' menu entry nor any way to create
this release note here:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:summary-panel

as described here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/creating-release-notes-720412392.html

Did I miss something, or do I lack some karma on Jira?

   Claude

Re: JIRA release note?

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
>> It's strange that only one issue is assigned to 2.0...
>
> All others were assigned to 2.x, which is quite natural since 2.0
> wasn't released. I changed it.

Which anyway isn't really helpful to make JIRA change log very useful,
since once 2.x version is archived it's empty... Ah, I just got it: 2.x
and 2.0 should be *merged*.

Re: JIRA release note?

Posted by Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>.
On 07/11/2016 06:38, Sergiu Dumitriu wrote:

> It might depend on the version of JIRA and/or the type of project. It
> seems that there's no Releases tab, but you can go to the Change Log
> tab, and under each version there's a Release Notes link.
>
> 1 -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:changelog-panel
>
> 2 -
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310104&version=12338243

The list of changes on our site is much more relevant, anyway.

Re: JIRA release note?

Posted by Sergiu Dumitriu <se...@gmail.com>.
It might depend on the version of JIRA and/or the type of project. It
seems that there's no Releases tab, but you can go to the Change Log
tab, and under each version there's a Release Notes link.

1 -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/VELOCITY/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:changelog-panel

2 -
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310104&version=12338243

It's strange that only one issue is assigned to 2.0...

On 11/06/2016 07:25 PM, Will Glass-Husain wrote:
> Still here.
>
> Release notes in Jira are just a list of issues tied to a fix for version.
> There should be a link to navigate to see this in HTML form.  Is that what
> you are looking for?
>
> On Sunday, November 6, 2016, Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net> wrote:
>
>> Nevermind. I'll put the release notes in the distribution folder.
>>

>> On 06/11/2016 21:52, Nathan Bubna wrote:
>>
>>> I don't see a "Releases" either. Under the "Versions" tab, maybe? I'm not
>>> sure. Wonder if Will is reading, if he doesn't see it, no one does, i
>>> think.
>>>
>>> On Sun, Nov 6, 2016 at 12:20 PM, Claude Brisson <cl...@renegat.net>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi all.