Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Duseja, Sushil" <Su...@fiserv.co.in> on 2008/02/11 13:21:44 UTC

document/literal web service

Hello,

I am new to web services. Could anyone please let me know as to how to
create a document/literal web service using axis? And what type of
client is used to invoke it? I would really appreciate if deploy.wsdd's
contents and client code is provided as I am facing issues using my own.

In addition, what are the changes one needs to make to the client that
works well with rpc/encoded service, to access a doc/literal service?

Service

public class MyService

{

            public String serviceMethod(String arg)

    {

        return arg;

    }

}

deploy.wsdd

 <service name="MyService" style="document" use="literal">

            <parameter name="className"
value="samples.userguide.example3.MyService"/>

 </service>

</deployment>

Client

  Service  service = new Service();

  Call     call    = (Call) service.createCall();

  call.setTargetEndpointAddress( new java.net.URL(endpointURL) );

  call.setOperationName( new QName("http://example3.userguide.samples",
"serviceMethod") );

  call.addParameter( "arg", org.apache.axis.encoding.XMLType.XSD_STRING,
ParameterMode.IN);

  call.setReturnType( org.apache.axis.encoding.XMLType.XSD_STRING );

  String ret = (String) call.invoke( new Object[] { textToSend } );

Thanks.

Regards,

Sushil Duseja

Re: document/literal web service

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.
In the WSDD, specify

          <service name="MyService" style="wrapped" use="literal">

The wrapped style supports an RPC-like programming interface.

For the client, use WSDL2Java to generate a client proxy. The DII call
interface wasn't designed to work with document/literal.

Anne